Who We Are
The Local Theatre is a new 100-seater theatre opening in Sheffield in March 2019. It was founded by Miranda Debenham, a marketer-producer, and Tim Norwood, a writer-director, with the aim of programming entirely Northern new writing, and developing artists in Sheffield.
What We Are Looking For
Our priority is programming new writing, or new interpretations of older texts, by artists and companies from the North. We want work that is challenging and exciting, but also capable of entertaining a diverse audience here in Sheffield. We especially interested to program work by/with diverse theatre-makers, and we are committed to adjusting our processes and ways of working to accommodate that.
What We Can Offer
- A programming slot in our opening season, March-July 2019, of between 2-7 nights
- A 70/30 box office split in your favour, or a straight hire at £150 per night—your choice
- Marketing support, specialising in digital marketing
- Full support and (when possible) assistance in grant applications to fund your tour
- Inclusion in our season programme, distributed locally in advance
- Networking opportunities with other Northern theatre makers, critics and programmers
Get In Touch
Interested? We’re available to meet in Sheffield most evenings and weekends—we’d love to have a chat in person with you. You can contact us on the email addresses below. If it’s not possible to meet physically, please get in touch anyway—we’d love to hear from you.
Miranda Debenham – email@example.com
Tim Norwood – firstname.lastname@example.org
Both addresses will get your email seen by the programming team—just get in touch!
If you have access needs, including mental health needs, which limit your ability to talk to us in person or via email, please consider calling us or dropping us a text message on 07944218478 – we can work something out from there.